Hearts Overflowing

Friday, August 29, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday

So in an attempt to get my blogging juices going, I'm linking up with Jen for...






Gianna got her haircut last Saturday. Other than a few trims here and there, it was her first big cut! When I talked about getting her haircut, she was apprehensive and didn't want to do it. While I love her long hair, this was not acceptable, as I was done brushing the tangled weave of curly locks. To help calm her nerves, I took her the week before when I got my haircut, so she could watch and accustom herself to the idea (she is a child who does not do well with new experiences). After that she was excited...the moment she woke up Saturday morning, she got dressed, went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, ate breakfast, and put her shoes on almost without us having to ask a single time. She was ready to go! I told my hubby we have to do these single dates with them more often, she was so excited to go out with Mommy and get her haircut!

I tell you though, if you saw her in the chair when she got her haircut, "excited" would not have been the word you'd have used to describe her. She barely cracked a smile the whole time. At the end though, when we left, she was jumping up and down and couldn't wait to show Daddy, Dom, and Emma...such is our life with our very shy child.

Before
After





Thursday was Dominic's first day of 3 year old preschool... He was so excited! He kept saying "I'm going to school all by myself, just like Gianna!" He did so great, I had to steal a kiss from him before he went in. Not a tear was shed (which was quite the contrast from Gianna last year who I had to pry off me and leave her screaming, while I fought the tears myself)!  When I picked him up he said "Mommy, that was so much fun!" God bless my sweet little guy, I hope he always has this much fun learning!"





Today was Gianna's first day of 4 year old preschool. She was excited too, but not nearly as much as Dom. She's an old pro at this school thing now! She went right in smiling and giving her teacher a hug! No tears this year, woohoo!





Emma is a 3 year old trapped in a 18 month old body, she tries to do so much more than she physically can and it frustrates her most of the day. Should I or should I not help her...you just never know what she will allow! 18 months...it's a good thing that children at this age are so cute because the screaming fits are enough to drive a momma crazy!




I have spent too much time for my liking this week helping my children making little felt bears... Thank you Creative Galaxy! It wouldn't have been that bad if I would have made the effort to get my sewing machine out instead of choosing to hand sew them.




Dominic happened to be using our bathroom the other night and was sitting waiting for me for a few minutes because I was ironing on patches to their school bags.

Dom: Hey, Mommy, do these fings shoot fings out?

Me: Huh? What things?

Dom: (holding up a box of "women's products") These fings, do they shoot fings out of thum?

Me: Ummmmm... no...

Dom: Then what do they doose?

Me:            ....... I don't know, Dom...put it down.




Has anyone heard of Accountable Kids? It's a positive parenting program helping to teach children accountability, responsibility, and good behavior. I am very drawn to trying it, as it is very organized and I need a little organization in my life. I'll let you know what I think after I have tried it.



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment